Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Day of Glamour at the Queens Plate

On January the 8th I made my way to Kenilworth Racecourse to take part in a day of glitz and glamour known as the L'Ormarins Queens Plate.

"The 150th running of the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate will celebrate the royal history of this premier horse race with a gathering of the most noble thoroughbreds in Africa. Since 1861, when this race was first run in honour of Queen Victoria, the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate has distinguished itself as a sophisticated meeting of racing excellence, matched by the style and grace worthy of such a prestigious event."

The dress code is strictly blue and white and I was in pure fashion heaven. The ladies and the gents pulled out all the stops for the big day and everyone looked absolutely stunningly chic.

I've picked out some random photos from the day so you can get a taste of what I was seeing wherever I looked. Capetonians truly are a stylish bunch!

x

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear about a lovely day. Not so nice knowing I missed out!! FOMO is a killer :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments ladies, I love hearing what you have to say :)