Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Shall I Wear Today? - Pretty in Vintage

Trawling vintage shops are often the best (and cheapest) ways to find the latest trends, remember: fashion basically always repeats itself; the latest trends are generally just a variation on the past trends. For example, the playsuit: this is nothing new ladies, ask your mom or your gran, these were big in their day too! The key to a great vintage piece is in the altering. You will very seldom find a vintage item that is ready-to-wear straight off the rack.
I found this gorgeous vintage shop in Observatory in Cape Town, just next to Zion on lower main road. It has beautiful bags, leather jackets, jewellery, shorts, tee-shirts and more!
I bought my vintage floral playsuit for R120! I had to shorten it as fell way below the knee, and also had to take it in because it was a size 12 when I am an 8/10. I'm absolutely in love with it, its definitely one of my best finds.







Playsuit - Vintage shop next to Zion, Observatory: Cape Town
Belt - Vintage
Shoes, Shoe HQ

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments ladies, I love hearing what you have to say :)