Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Military Trend – Yay or Nay?

The military trend is nothing new, it has been on the rise since about 2008; however this year, it is slightly softer and more feminine. It is more understated chic rather than over-the-top embellishment. I am still yet to buy a military jacket, as I am still deciding on this trend, but the more I research on it the more I love it. Think it’s time to get me one of those jackets!


These two are my favourite from Zara
Combat Jacket paired with jeans and a tee-shirt



















Think navy (my ultimate favourite colour) and army green. Military jackets are great for the approaching spring as they are light and are the perfect finish to a cute dress or jeans and a tee.
And now the age old question: How do I wear it?
The military look is far more feminine this time around. So pair you military jacket with a cute dress as Mischa Barton did.

Or for a more easy-wearing daytime outfit pair a military jacket with a white tee-shirt, skinny jeans and pumps (look at the combat jacket above).
I stumbled across a blog called Le Blog de Betty, she is a perfect example of how to wear the military style.http://www.leblogdebetty.com/en/

Betty
For more beautiful military trend pics have a look at The Entertainment Blog:

http://topentertainmentblog.com/vogue-military-fashion-trend-march-2010/

*Say how YOU feel about this trend in the poll on the left hand side of the Pretty Vintage blog*

I have converted myself, YAY for Military!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments ladies, I love hearing what you have to say :)